Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Musings

2 posters

Go down

Random Musings Empty Random Musings

Post  Fionn McLaren Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:06 pm

“Seriously, I think everyone’s got it all wrong with Oedipus. I mean, if his mum was hot enough for him to want to shag her then I see nothing wrong with that. I mean, come on admit it, we’d all want to shag our mums if they were hot.”

Fionn grinned proudly at his apparent realisation on this fact and smiled across at the sort-of-Russian on the opposite side of the table from him. How and why this particular subject was being discussed was anyone’s guess, Fionn had a habit of talking about completely nonsensical things at the oddest of times.

He smiled across at the Ravenclaw while sucking at his nicotine-but-not-really-nicotine lollipop. What were they studying again? Ah whatever, it wasn’t like he was really paying attention to homework anyway, that was the sort of thing Ael did. He dealt with homework, and work and all that sort of stuff.

He waved his lollipop at Ael, looking skywards to the snow-grey clouds that loomed above the Great Hall, adding after a momentary pause; “Hell, if my mum or gran was hot like yours I’d want to shag her. Well, I’d want to anyway, but she’s not my mum so I guess I don’t have the same problem as Oedipus.”
Fionn McLaren
Fionn McLaren
Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Random Musings Empty Re: Random Musings

Post  Aelius Narcissus Dyne Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Aelius had been trying to study all afternoon. At first, it had been out in the courtyard but it had suddenly begun to rain. And as rain is painful to firestarters and books alike, it was decided that he'd just sit in the great hall, with a cup of black coffee and try to get through the monotony that was studying for charms. He wasn't even sure who sat across from him and spoke with him that day. There may have been a few girls from his House, a few classmates from Transfiguration with questions, but they all received more or less the same reception: He tried to appear interested and engaged in conversation with his eyes still glued to the pages in front of him.

By the time Fionn came around, he was simply smiling and nodding and giving the occasional "Da" and "mhm" and "Oh, I see. That is very sad." So, when the topic suddenly came to the discussion of people's hot mother's, the young sort of Russian blinked at his friend as if he were mad.

"What the hell is the matter with you, Fionn? That is my Mama and my Grandmama you are talking about." he said with a note of extreme displeasure in his voice. "It's extremely disrespectful to speak ill of the dead and the aged in such a way."
Aelius Narcissus Dyne
Aelius Narcissus Dyne
Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Fionn McLaren Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:44 pm

“Hey hey, no disrespect meant” Fionn said, holding up his hands in innocence, before lounging back casually on the table, licking the lollipop thoughtfully all the while. “I’m just saying...” he began swaying his lollipop casually through the air, “That I don’t think anyone would think less of you if you and your mum, or gran happened to be the last people on earth and you ended up-“ he made an ‘in-out’ gesture with his lollipop and aided the imagery with a little whistle to go along with it, “-that I don’t think anyone would think any less of you”

He nodded his head firmly and popped the lollipop back in his mouth, only to pause and frown thoughtfully afterwards. “Of course, you’d be the only people left, so even if you did there wouldn’t be anyone to think less of you anyway so-...” he shrugged and gave a grin. He looked at his friend expectantly, who seemed to be quite determined to try and stay focused on his book. BORING!

“Hey, guess what-?” he smirked, leaning across the table a little and lowering his voice. However he waited to see if he could get a better reaction out of Ael first before continuing.
Fionn McLaren
Fionn McLaren
Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post  Aelius Narcissus Dyne Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:06 pm

"I know some pureblood families engage in that, but, to be honest, my family's always found the practice a little repugnant. So, the scenario you hypothesize is impossible." He said, looking back to his book and reaching for his quill so that he could make a note in the margin. Why did they always go about things the hard way in these books? Especially when one could ensure maximum flight velocity of a Flying Puppy charm by reversing the wand movements and slowing the speed?

"And what?" He added, finally breaking eye contact from his book to look Fionn in the eye. "If you're going to call my Grandmama a Gmilf again, I may have to deck you."
Aelius Narcissus Dyne
Aelius Narcissus Dyne
Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Fionn McLaren Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:25 pm

“You said it, not me” Fionn grinned while popping the lollipop back in his mouth. He then sighed dramatically and flopped down horizontally on the bench, staring up at the fake ceiling of the great hall. The Christmas holidays were soon and it was getting depressing. Fionn still hadn’t decided quite what he was doing for Christmas yet. Go home as usual and deal with all the crap that inevitably came with it?

No thanks. Though what the hell was he supposed to do? He could stay at Hogwarts that Christmas, chicken out and play the loner card. How much bloody fun would that be? He thought grimly to himself. Then again, it would probably be more fun than dealing with another ‘festive family Christmas’. Ugh, it made him want to puke.

“Hey Ael, what’re you doing for Christmas?”
Fionn McLaren
Fionn McLaren
Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post  Aelius Narcissus Dyne Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:27 pm

"Going back home to the manor and celebrating with papa and my grandparents like every year." The reply came quick, if a little distracted as the young man was still making notes for each spell he was meant to study. For a moment, however, the young man set his pen down and looked over at his companion with a raised eyebrow. He wasn't normally the type to ask things like that unless he had some sort of ulterior motive. "... ya know, they throw a huge Christmas party every year. Y'wanna come visit for winter break?"
Aelius Narcissus Dyne
Aelius Narcissus Dyne
Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Fionn McLaren Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:25 am

Without a moment’s hesitation, Fionn sat up with the widest grin ever set upon his face as he looked across at his ‘comrade’ on the other side of the table. “You’re inviting me?” he said with perfectly practiced innocence with his ‘I’m totally not hinting’ attitude. He nodded his head briskly all the same and looked thoughtfully skywards (ceilingwards?) while smiling all the while in thought.

“That sounds like a much better Christmas than the one I was expecting! Right! So we’re gonna party, have some drinks, pick up some girls. That sort of thing? I’m up for that!”
Fionn McLaren
Fionn McLaren
Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down